Hi folks,

I created a public folder and asked several of our users to move their spam
into it. From there, I can open the messages, view the headers, pluck the IP
addresses of the offending mail servers, and add them to our internal dns
blacklist.

Works like a charm, but it's very labor-intensive.

I wrote some vbscript code that examines all the messages in the folder, and
returns things like Sender, Subject, etc., all of which are basically
useless to me in this case, but the practice was good. There doesn't seem to
be any property that will return the header info, no? I don't have a good
reference book handy, but searching through the online MSDN library was
helpful.

Now it looks like maybe ADO/CDOEX might be the way to go. Does anyone have
any sample code that might give me some pointers? This doesn't have to be
fandy or polished. If I can retrieve the headers, I can parse through them
and find the right "received by" line, and pull the address from that line
and output it to the screen. I'd greatly appreciate any pointers at all, be
it a web page, KB article, book, etc.

Thanks,
Mike