And I did.

> So what is the fascination with it?

I don't know, what is your fascination with it?

> It is ego or something, it mystifies me.

I was going to guess envy, but I only took freshman psych so maybe I'm
wrong.

> I keep hearing "MVP's are so helpful", yadda yadda.

Yes, that's because we are. Thanks.

> But there is nothing stopping you from doing exactly the same things
> that you are doing WITHOUT being an MVP.

See above.

> Lawyers have actual ethics, written down and agreed to by
> everyone in the profession and if you violate those ethics,
> there are consequences, just ask Bill Clinton.

Bad example.

> There is nothing even close in IT.

Not Microsoft's fault or at all related to MVPs.

> As long as the IT industry is tied to vendors and tools, it
> will continue to be polarized and it will continue to be a
> trade.

As opposed to being a sport?

> The MVP program is part of this problem. It is not the
> entire part, but I think that it is much more insidious than
> going to a trade show and picking up free stuff, because it
> is the granting of a title. That, in and of itself is a big problem.

You don't appear to know much about the MVP program, or MVPs in general, so
you'll forgive me if I take your opinion on the subject with a grain of
salt.

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-Outlook, CNA, MCPx3
Director of Information Services