You cannot do brick-level backups with NTBackup.  Which is fine, because...

3.11 Q: ...Brick level...
     A: Brick level = BAD. It is very slow, uses a lot more tape, and has
gobs of limitations.

Instead, use The Ed Crowley Never Restore Method.
http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxb.htm

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Network Administrator
The Key School, Annapolis Maryland

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Doody [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 1:05 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: Backing up the M Drive

I was looking into the built in backup and noticed Exchange Options.
Though I could not see anyway of selectively restoring only one mailbox
via this method, or public folder using this backup?

Is there a way of choosing which mailboxes you do and don't want to
restore using the built in backup?  When I try to expand the "Microsoft
Exchange" tab it asks me which server do I want to query.  I give it
one, but the box never becomes un-greyed, the exchange server is local
to where I am trying to run Microsoft Backup.

The option for "Microsoft Exchange Server" is available and I can choose
the server I want, but like I said previously this does not seem to
allow for selective restore/backup on a per mailbox scale.