From: Siegfried Weber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 6:45 PM
To: Exchange Discussions
Subject: RE: IPM.Post VS. IPM.Note

As for being posts instead of notes, see Andy's reply and call Microsoft
for a free of charge fix.

I've never used rules much on PF's hence I cannot comment on that. I do
understand that a rule doesn't fire if it is a post item but it should
fire on a note item. I'd be interested to hear if you have any
additional info what's going on. Especially if the store is hit by other
applications like a MAPI based backup (single folder backup thingy
maybe?) or an antivirus scanner (either MAPI or ESE/VSAPI based)?

Also, you do know that you should stay away from the "M: Drive", don't
you? The symptoms (like the permissions issue - I just tested with
Outlook 2002 SP2 and it works here) you describe point me into the
direction that you are running some piece of software which accesses the
"M: Drive" (like a file based backup or AV scanner) and causes some of
your grief.

<Cheers:Siegfried runat="server" />

Development Lead,

CDOLive LLC - The Microsoft Messaging and Collaboration Application
Experts http://www.cdolive.com