Implement something like http://www.attachstor.com/ perhaps...

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendel, Jesse [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Posted At: Thursday, July 17, 2003 4:25 PM
Posted To: swynk
Conversation: Back up Exchange WITHOUT backing up voice mail from Cisco
Unified Messaging
Subject: Back up Exchange WITHOUT backing up voice mail from Cisco
Unified Messaging

I'm trying to figure out how to back up Exchange Servers WITHOUT backing
up voice mails placed into Exchange by Cisco's Unified Messaging (UM).

I had thought of routing messaging from the UM to a separate store -
creating a secondary mailbox for each user - say, John User (juser) and
John User - Voice (juser-v) - and grant permissions to juser to access
juser-v.  Unfortunately, UM is junk software and doesn't support
secondary authentication.  It requires one to be logged in with the
juser-v account.

And if I log everyone in as juser-v and let their secondary be juser,
then every time they send mail, it isn't in the proper sent items mail
box, and it isn't coming from the appropriate address.  And obviously
people aren't going to use the FROM box and manually move items from the
one Sent Items folder to the other.

I'm now reduced to speculating about writing code using the event sink,
based on the class used by UM, to set where mail goes, and who it is
from, but grrr, what a kludge.

So I don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

Jesse Wendel