Roger and others,

We're the largest utility in the Pacific Northwest.  We have a high legal profile.

Per our attorneys, we are not to back up voice messages longer than needed for
disaster recovery.

If I put them in a second store, I can back that store up just enough (say, 1-2 weeks)
for disaster recovery, but not long term, like the years we are required by FERC to
keep tapes of our email.

What we want to avoid is having to go through or hand over voice mail during legal
discovery process.  Which we'd have to do if they were backed up as part of the
regular email store.  But if they're off in their own store, we just don't back up
that store (or keep tapes for very long), and there isn't a problem.

The problem with doing this, as I said below - is that Cisco's UM doesn't support
secondary authentication, so I do what I'd originally planned, which is, make a
secondary mailbox for voice and just have people attach to it; it has to be the
primary account people are logged in as, or we lose some UM functionality.

And I really don't want to write some kludged up event sink based on message class to
check if its a voice mail or not, and if not, to rewrite the From line and move the
sent message over to the non-voice mail Exchange mailbox.

So I'm hoping someone has another idea.  Because I'm stuck.

Jesse Wendel
Sr. Technical Systems Analyst
Primary Messaging/DNS Administrator
www.pse.com