You are incorrect.

The Dumpster is really just a view of the items which have been marked as
deleted (i.e. tombstoned) but have not reached the expiration of the Deleted
Item Retention. DIR is just the amount of time which elapses between the
time something has been marked as deleted and the time it is purged from the
information store.

Long explanation short is that you can ALWAYS recover a deleted item during
the deleted item retension period.

Roger D. Seielstad - MTS MCSE MS-MVP
Sr. Systems Administrator
Inovis Inc.