Ill throw in 2 cent on this thread.
starting with W2k3 MS has ripped the TS CAL out of XP - W2k Pro.. YOU must!
purchasing it at like 80.00 per TS - CAL

now if your still running W2k..that's another story...and you have been..umm
"grandfathered" provided you where running W2K TS and those w2k-xp pro
machine had been using TS

Now the above may have changed since like march -may when they told me all
this at a MS thingy for Partners reselling..etc... prior to w2k3 svr
release.....umm yes I gave them pleny O stuff on this

Now..for my environment here...which is primary sales..at this time I choose
NOT to let my guy's VPN with there laptops..
evey remote type user uses Citrix-TS session's..work's very well...I is easy
to walk anybody thru setup's problems..etc...likely way easier then if I had
all those VPN tunnels...

BUT true in the future to get more functionallity to my sales guy's those
with Laptops will get VPN tunnels.

For those "home office" users..they will continue with TS- Citrix sessions

it depends on Yours and your business needs etc.. depending on what you will
design to get the functionality to your users....

Im finding I will have soem type of hybrid..to meet the requirements of my
Org..

PS the TS- Citrix stuff..Man I can deploy a new office anywhere in the world
in no time..all I need is an internet connection..bang you have everything
you need..

bill