You still haven't demonstrated that the Conflict of Interest exists.

Where's the conflict in me (an MS-leaning IT manager) hiring a
MS-knowledgeable person to implement MS-based technology in my MS-based
enterprise?

The MVP I'm hiring has not swayed me towards the decision to *use* MS
software.  I've already made that call.  If I decide to rip out all of my MS
software and deploy chimpanzees with abacuses to run my business, I will hire
staff/conslutants with comparable experience.  Where's the frigging conflict
of interest?