-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Deckler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Posted At: Monday, December 22, 2003 1:22 PM
Posted To: Exchange Discussion List
Conversation: Greg's Utterly Fascinating Views on Ethics
Subject: RE: Greg's Utterly Fascinating Views on Ethics

I've argued the theory on this too many times now. Let me provide a
specific example. At time, I wear a Novell leather jacket. I received
this jacket at the end of a project for the State of Ohio. Basically,
the State of Ohio gave Novell something like $1 million for implementing
a G-NOC. I worked on this project and at the end Novell gave out about
50 of these leater jackets to people that worked on the project in this
big huge ceremony that was held. The director at the State of Ohio was
forced to resign over accepting his leather jacket because of conflict
of interest rules.

So, the State of Ohio had ALREADY paid Novell ALL of the money and THEN
Novell gave out these gifts and the director at the State of Ohio was
STILL found to have violated conflict of interest rules.

Does that make anything more clear?