From:   Al Lilianstrom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Friday, September 07, 2001 11:12 AM
To:     MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject:        Re: Dell problems

> I have 2 PE 6300's with PERC/2's and I'm getting those
> stupid "Battery Needs Refurbishing" messages on both.
> Really annoying

Have you done the power cycle on the battery? This battery backs up the
cache on the PERC card. Losing power to the server with the write cache
turned on and no battery could corrupt data.

We see this message every 9 - 12 months on each controller. We run the
refurb on Saturday evening as performance drops with the cache disabled.

        al

--

Al Lilianstrom
CD/OSS/CSI