From: STEVE BROOK [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 11:43 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: How many of you use Message Level Recovery ?

Agreed, but there are some sites where IT is still the poor relation.  For instance where Business critical software has been running for many years on AS400 or similar and the NT network is fairly new and is only for Internet/e-mail/user office files .  It can take time for people to realise the importance of that network.  This can mean little or no budget for IT.  Until last weekend, there were zero spare pc's and two spare laptops on this site.  (I now have a spare server for about three months until it is reutilised)  I would love to have a recovery server here and I will get one now that e-mail is becoming business critical. Case in point, they lose a critical e-mail.  Attitudes gained over twenty years can not be changed overnight on a site where fax machines are still in abundance and managers will write an e-mail then print it out and mail it to people in the field!!  Some sites, you have to work with what you have got, and then work on changing attitudes.  Brick Level Backup is there, it's free (in their eyes).  Another site, I could walk in tomorrow and say I need a server and they will say sure, how much do you want to spend, here is a blank cheque.

Horses for Courses

SB