sorry, i should have been more specific on the outcome which was nothing. It
never deleted any email in the queue. It must have timed-out somewhere after
3 hours. granted there are 80,000 emails in this queue. I have looked all
over the file system and can't find if these emails are stored somewhere...
i checked all the usual suspects ( or so i think ). like C:\Program
Files\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1\Queue and the one in C:\inetpub\mailroot...

5 minute break...

you know.. these emails are starting to shift into the deferred queue and
now i'm finding them i think on the default exchange queue folder now..
hmmm. Yes they are shifting from delay to NDRs.. good! maybe i'll just wait
for that to fill up and then delete them outta there. Unless anyone else has
a better idea. Thanks for being curious in my efforts.

-Ben