From: Jonathan Gruber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 11:20 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Hosting Multiple domains in Exchange 2003

We are currently hosting multiple domains on an exchange 2003 box and have
run into an issue. We set up the box using domain a, and the fqdn listed in
the virtual smtp server is mail.domaina.com.  A user has sent an email to a
bellsouth account using domainb which is also hosted on this server and the
mail is timing out. When a test is sent from domain to the bellsouth.net
address it goes through, so I assume that the reverse dns lookup bellsouth
is doing is failing.

My question is, what is the best way to resolve this, multiple virtual
servers, configure external dns servers? I haven't had an issue sending mail
to any other domains except bellsouth.net.

Jonathan Gruber

Network Administrator

J.B. Long Inc.

610-944-8840  x.213