On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Jonathan Gruber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here is the log entry, seems like it might be blacklisted, but I can't find
> any blacklist that lists us.
>
> 2008-06-05 14:02:15 207.115.11.16 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 VM2 -
> 25 - - 550-67.91.139.138+blocked+by+ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=bellsouth,dc=net 0 0 62
> 0 260 SMTP - - - -

  Well, their server is definitely rejecting you.

  The "ou=rblmx,dc=bellsouth,dc=ne" is LDAP-speak for "domain context
'bellsouth.net', organizational unit 'rblmx'."  So they're apparently
running their own, internal blacklist server.  That might be fed from
other blacklists, or be something entirely of their own construction.
Only they know for sure.  You'll need to contact them.

  A Google search for "ou=rblmx,dc=bellsouth,dc=net" did find this:

http://worldnet.att.net/general-info/bls_info/block_inquiry.html

  Start there.

> For the other 2 sites I am immediately kicked to a google search which lists
> the site
> as the only result.

  That's Internet Explorer trying to help you.  If you're going to be
an IT guy, you need to know what's *really* going on.  Go into Tools
-> Internet Options -> Advanced, and set the following:

Browsing -> Show friendly HTTP error messages = Disabled

Search from the Address bar = Do not search from the address bar

  You may also want to install another browser and use that for
testing.  Internet Explorer has really lousy diagnostics; it tends to
give the same message ("Cannot find server or DNS Error") for
*everything*.  I like the Firefox browser.

> however just now when I tried to verify the errors I had no trouble
> accessing the site if I use www. If I just type in sealcoatmydrive.com it
> gives
> me the google run around, but both are in the host header value in IIS.

  As I recall, last night, a lookup for <www.moyersconstruction.com>
vs <moyersconstruction.com> returned two different A records.
Likewise for <sealcoatmydrive.com>.  It might have been a mistake on
the part of whoever you have doing your hosting.  Right now, I get the
same A record for both of them, so perhaps it has been fixed.  Try
again.

  If it still does it:

1. Clear your browser cache.
2. Use PING to compare the IP addresses the various different domain
names are resolving too.
3. If you find a discrepency in step 1, use NSLOOKUP to chase the DNS
resolution chain back to where the problem is, and clear the DNS
resolver cache of the offending system.
4. Try using TELNET to make a manual TCP connection on port 80, and
see if you can get through that way.

  For step 4, if you're not familiar with the procedure, read
<http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/21>, section entitled
"Checking a web server".

-- Ben