Yes, that would be very useful and greatly appreciated!

________________________________

From: Bingham, Kevin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:42 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: email archiving

Is this where we hum "Bob and Sherry, sitting in a tree..." ?

Seriously, though, almost all the Archive vendors will work in a
geographically disparate solution set... it's just a question of how,
and how well...

The archiving topic keeps coming up, and it seems most people are
missing the two important starting points: everyone needs different
things out of an archive system - they are not all equal; you need to
understand what you need the system to do before you try to pick it.

I'm thinking about writing up something basic guidelines on Archiving
101... no vendor specific details, just some of the various ways it is
implemented and considerations, from personal experience.  Would that
prove useful to the group?  If so, and I actually find time to throw it
together, would Michael or one of you guys with an actuall posting
place/history be willing to commandeer/enhance it?