They will, we have several and our AS policy enforces the wipe.  It does
wipe on our 3G phones with the latest software update.  That is our
current holdup on release due to the need of iTunes for reactivation.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Wells [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 11:52 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Blackberry, or something else?

Have you actually seen any iPhones enforce that particular policy?
The documentation and all of our testing indicates that an iPhone
WON'T "wipe after xx bad PIN attempts".

--James

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Eric Woodford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Problem we are having with our Windows Mobile devices is security.
It's
> harder to enforce encryption and password policies on the Windows
mobile
> devices. BES has this out of the box.
>
> Try telling that iPhone user that their device will wipe if they put
their
> password in wrong 10 times...
>
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 6:42 AM, Pete Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> Agreed, Our office has a bunch of berries that were rushed in by the
CEO a
>> few years ago. He loves it, so we keep them and they work well but
I'm going

<exchangelist@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
>> Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:40:02 PM
>> Subject: RE: Blackberry, or something else?
>>
>> I'm with you!  Our office has a BES and a bunch of berries but I hold
>> out!!!!!  One less point of failure.  Die berry die.
>>
>> Although when a user goes swimming with their trusty berry the
sticker
>> shock
>> is a sight to behold.  =)

You'll
>> run into worker thread errors if you have high latency between BES &
>> Exchange.  I've gotten RIM support to confirm up to 300ms max,
ideally
>> nothing over 35ms.
>> >
>> > - John Barsodi

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> Blackberry and BES because its got a nice central management for what
you
>> are looking for.

>> phones.  We made that mistake about 2 years ago and found ourselves
with 3
>> mobile mail solutions (activesync, goodlink, BES) and phones from all
>> sorts
>> of vendors and providers and it's a support nightmare.  (try telling
the
>> one
>> exec using a Palm 600 he needs to upgrade or move to a blackberry).
>> also
>> wish we had set policy in the beginning regarding security and
encryption
>> because its always harder retroactively.

>> have loved to be in your position to consider all of the policy side
>> before
>> implementation.

Sales

Exchange