Yes that will work.  I did it and found out the phone is a brick awards,
until you reload the device with iTunes.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Wells [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 11:52 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Blackberry, or something else?

Have you actually seen any iPhones enforce that particular policy?
The documentation and all of our testing indicates that an iPhone
WON'T "wipe after xx bad PIN attempts".

--James

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 10:50 AM, Eric Woodford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Problem we are having with our Windows Mobile devices is security.
It's
> harder to enforce encryption and password policies on the Windows
mobile
> devices. BES has this out of the box.
>
> Try telling that iPhone user that their device will wipe if they put
their
> password in wrong 10 times...
>
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 6:42 AM, Pete Howard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> Agreed, Our office has a bunch of berries that were rushed in by the
CEO a
>> few years ago. He loves it, so we keep them and they work well but
I'm going

<exchangelist@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
>> Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 10:40:02 PM
>> Subject: RE: Blackberry, or something else?
>>
>> I'm with you!  Our office has a BES and a bunch of berries but I hold
>> out!!!!!  One less point of failure.  Die berry die.
>>
>> Although when a user goes swimming with their trusty berry the
sticker
>> shock
>> is a sight to behold.  =)

You'll
>> run into worker thread errors if you have high latency between BES &
>> Exchange.  I've gotten RIM support to confirm up to 300ms max,
ideally
>> nothing over 35ms.
>> >
>> > - John Barsodi

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>> Blackberry and BES because its got a nice central management for what
you
>> are looking for.

>> phones.  We made that mistake about 2 years ago and found ourselves
with 3
>> mobile mail solutions (activesync, goodlink, BES) and phones from all
>> sorts
>> of vendors and providers and it's a support nightmare.  (try telling
the
>> one
>> exec using a Palm 600 he needs to upgrade or move to a blackberry).
>> also
>> wish we had set policy in the beginning regarding security and
encryption
>> because its always harder retroactively.

>> have loved to be in your position to consider all of the policy side
>> before
>> implementation.

Sales

Exchange