How are you planning for HA, and SLA ?  IF you were to plan DAS replicas as
backups and no long term storage how would your design change?

From: Kat Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:56 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Hotmail

Now that is not to say that the Exchange team might not be working on a Super
Large Scale version of the product geared to the needs of high user counts like
what we encountered.  I am just saying that currently working for an Exchange
2007 migration project for 180K users, I dont see the scalability to 300M users
in the near future... especially when you are promising up to 5gb of storage
per account with no current sunset of data storage (all message stored for X
months, etc)
On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 12:19 PM, James Kerr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL