You have to weigh the potential cost savings against the cost of what it would
take to clean up whatever mess an infected computer inside your network can
make.

________________________________
From: David Baca [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 12:36 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: User wants to use their personal laptop.

I have a user who wants to use their own laptop for business use.  He likes the
way it's set up but I have always been the one who says it's better to have the
company buy one and keep personal and business separate.  I see this could be
an issue of privacy and also an issue of control in that i have no real say on
what is installed on his machine and what if any policies can be inforced.
Your thoughts?  I don't want to be paranoid and i see the cost savings in
having him use his own computer but am i asking for trouble in the long run.

Note:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and
protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.