Ask your corporate counsel about it, and mention data loss, especially
if you have personal information about clients or employees available.

For myself and my company, I don't allow any personal devices to
connect with the network. Ever.

The chance of an unmanaged/user-managed machine wreaking havoc on my
network is simply too great.

More to the point - I've seen conversations on a couple of different
lists in the past couple of months about company which allowed
personal laptops into the network, and then tried to demand that the
user provide the company access to them upon termination for
inspection (and a complete disk wipe!) to determine if company data
had been loaded onto the laptop. which the employee (rightfully, IMHO)
refused. We're talking lawsuit territory here.

Keep it simple - if the job specs warrant a laptop, the company needs
to provide the laptop, and it's company property, managed according to
company standards.

Kurt