I believe you're being just paranoid enough - we don't allow that either
for all the reasons you mention.

________________________________

From: David Baca [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 10:36 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: User wants to use their personal laptop.

I have a user who wants to use their own laptop for business use.  He
likes the way it's set up but I have always been the one who says it's
better to have the company buy one and keep personal and business
separate.  I see this could be an issue of privacy and also an issue of
control in that i have no real say on what is installed on his machine
and what if any policies can be inforced.  Your thoughts?  I don't want
to be paranoid and i see the cost savings in having him use his own
computer but am i asking for trouble in the long run.