We are a health care insurance company covered by HIPAA.  One of our
policies is that any and all mobile computing devices that have the
potential to covered information on it have full device encryption.

We have 'some people' pushing to allow the iPhone in the organization.
 Those 'some people' had enough pull to get a proof of concept going.
At the end, it had many short comings for a company covered by HIPAA.
Lack of device encryption was the most glaring and why our security
department said no.  When 'some people' insisted, our security
department hacked (on the network) the test phone used during the
proof of concept.

I am not sure what the end use decision will be but so far, it remains
on the not approved list.

Steven Peck
http://www.blkmtn.org