What about an OU in AD for just contacts? They then show up in the GAL

From: Evan Brastow [mailto:ebras...@automatedemblem.com]
Sent: 18 March 2009 16:58
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Dumb question - Contacts

Been a while since I've made a fool of myself* and I hate to disappoint
my fans, so....

We're running a pretty small environment.. Exchange Server 2003
Enterprise and maybe 20 users.

For years, peoples' "address book" has consisted of just using the
auto-complete in Outlook 2003 (and now Outlook 2007 in some cases.) But
now, I'm growing more and more concerned about that technique and would
like an easy and reliable way to have a central repository of contacts
that everyone can use and update.

My question is, what is everyone doing? I would assume a public folder
that contains contacts and then is assigned as an address book in
people's Outlook configurations, but then I've also heard that public
folders don't exist in E2K7, which I may upgrade to at some point, so
I'm not sure how to proceed.

So, is there a third party solution that people know of and use, or is
it just a public folder filled with contacts?

Thanks,

Evan

* on this list, anyway.

This electronic mail message and any attached files contain information
intended for the exclusive use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may
contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt
from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution
of this message or its contents may be subject to legal restriction or
sanction. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by electronic mail and delete the original message and any
attachments without retaining any copies.