From: Evan Brastow [mailto:ebras...@automatedemblem.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:58 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Dumb question - Contacts

Been a while since I've made a fool of myself* and I hate to disappoint
my fans, so....

We're running a pretty small environment.. Exchange Server 2003
Enterprise and maybe 20 users.

For years, peoples' "address book" has consisted of just using the
auto-complete in Outlook 2003 (and now Outlook 2007 in some cases.) But
now, I'm growing more and more concerned about that technique and would
like an easy and reliable way to have a central repository of contacts
that everyone can use and update.

My question is, what is everyone doing? I would assume a public folder
that contains contacts and then is assigned as an address book in
people's Outlook configurations, but then I've also heard that public
folders don't exist in E2K7, which I may upgrade to at some point, so
I'm not sure how to proceed.

So, is there a third party solution that people know of and use, or is
it just a public folder filled with contacts?

Thanks,

Evan

* on this list, anyway.