We've never paid for RIM support. Instead, we call our carrier (Verizon) and
have them help us and when they can't figure out the issue they implement
the call to RIM. We've only had to do this about 4 times in 2.5 years. We
have 110 licenses (104 in use).
Maybe you can take a similar route?

--
Mike Sullivan