Thanks for the compliment Greg :)

I've been through this several times and it is not fun.

The troubles with self signed certs just outway the cost benefits even though
explaining that to the cheque signers can be difficult

From: Greg Wright [mailto:greg.wri...@wineselectors.com.au]
Sent: 22 July 2009 00:51
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OWA / SSL question

This is the best response I have read so far on this subject. Of importance is
the issue of mobile clients. Depending upon version, they vary from easy to
install an un-trusted Authorities certificate to being impossible to install
one.

Jonathan Link said "#2 is not necessarily true.  I did not install the
self-signed cert into my iPhone."

I am not sure about this being true, and would like to hear from others. My
experience and opinion of others in my immediate vicinity who have set these up
indicate that Self-Signed SSL certificates do not work with iPhone (just as
with WinMobiles). Maybe you aren't using SSL in your OWA setup?