Under the circumstances, I think I might get 2 plastic trays.  One for under
the washing machine, and one to attach, upside down, to the ceiling in the
closet right above the switches and servers.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 1:43 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Anybody Out There?

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Steven M. Caesare<scaes...@caesare.com> wrote:
> When it decides to blow, it will be a mess.

  You can buy a plastic tray to put under the washing machine.  You
can then buy a gadget that (1) senses excess moisture in that tray and
(2) automatically shuts off the washer water supply.  Since your
computer equipment is under the washer, I'd call that a wise
investment.  I've also seen gadgets that purport to sense when the
washer is running or not, and automatically turn the water on/off.

  Or you could do what my parents did in their house: Install a water
shut-off valve in an easy-to-reach location, and manually turn it off
whenever the washer is not in active use.

> Mebbe I should make a project
> of replacing the hoses with some high quality steel braided lines.

  Also a good idea.  But don't forget that things can fail *inside*
the washer, too.

-- Ben

Note:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and
protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.