Perhaps look at open source?  ASSP fit the bill?

Thanks,
JB

From: Ralph Smith [mailto:m...@gatewayindustries.org]
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2009 12:55 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Anti spam Appliance / Application with Multiple LDAP domain support

Thanks - I was just curious since I use the product myself.  I will agree that
attempting to reach them by phone is difficult, and they are not overly
responsive on the forums - definite red flags.  The couple of times I had
problems I initiated a support request using their web form and the problem was
fixed within an hour each time.