From: Andrew Grimes [mailto:agri...@cu-portland.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 9:13 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Outlook is prompting for credentials

I am not sure if Win XP is having the issue, but definitely Win 7.

We believe it was a latency issue.  An Outlook client tries to connect with
TCP.  If that times out, it then tries to connect via HTTPS and they get
prompted.  I found some references to Public Folders on a decommissioned server
that I believe was hanging this process.  I deleted those references through
ADSI edit.  At this point, it seems to have resolved our issue.

I want to continue to monitor for any more latency.  If I use the Performance
Monitor in windows, what counters should I monitor and what should I be looking
for?  Are there other tools I should be using to monitor the performance?  This
is also a VMware machine.  I am told to look at the CPU Ready to flag issues.
Should I be looking for any specific stats on that?  What other stats are
relevant to an exchange server in a VMware environment.

Andrew