From: xyz <x...@minneapolis.edu>
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues <exchangelist@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Fri Dec 24 20:31:46 2010
Subject: OUTLOOK Rule creation question for automated response to every email
sent to a mailbox.

Greetings,
New to this list, but have been monitoring.
It looks very good and posting my first question.
My background is Groupwise but we recently migrated to EXCHANGE 2010 SP1.
Still learning the EXCHANGE 2010 environment - so my MS terminology may not be
correct.

Below is the rule we are trying to set up - and I am hopefully missing
something very simple:

We have a "shared mailbox"  (MEDIA) that campus users send equipment requests
to on a regular basis.
We want an automated response to EVERY email sent to MEDIA mailbox indicating
something like "your request has been received and we are working on this" or
whatever.

The basic Automatic Replies ( Out of Office ) "wizard" will not do this as it
will reply only once to a given user - which makes sense for  Vacation/ Out of
Office rules.  However, our users will be sending regular emails to MEDIA that
require a response each time.

I looked into manual rule creation, but not seeing how to set this up so it
will provide an automated email response to EVERY message sent to MEDIA.

Ideally, this would be set up at the "shared mailbox" level so that the person
that monitors that mailbox can change as needed.
However, I could also set up at the HUB TRANSPORT level if that is the only way
to make this work.

Thanks for any help on this.
Please enjoy the holiday weekend.
Dana

or send an email to

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information transmitted, or contained or
attached to or with this Notice is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain Protected Health Information (PHI),
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination, or other use of, and taking any action in reliance upon this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient without
the express written consent of the sender are prohibited. This information may
be protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
(HIPAA), and other Federal and Florida laws. Improper or unauthorized use or
disclosure of this information could result in civil and/or criminal penalties.
Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need
to.

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this
email are those of the author and do not represent those of the company.
Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are
present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or
damage that arise from the use of this email or attachments.