From: Young, Darren [mailto:darren.yo...@chicagobooth.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 4:10 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Message reply for retiring domain

Today we have 2 domains coming inbound to Exchange 2010, chicagogsb.edu and
chicagobooth.edu. The domain chicagogsb.edu is going away in November and 40%
of inbound mail is still addressed there. We want to send a reply back to
everyone sending to that domain telling them to update their address books, etc
with the new domain.

I've researched this and the only way I can come up with is to have a hub
transport rule that BCC's another mailbox where there's an Outlook reply
telling them to please send to
u...@chicagobooth.edu<mailto:u...@chicagobooth.edu> instead of
u...@chicagogsb.edu<mailto:u...@chicagogsb.edu>. Have the rule delete the
message but someone would have to log into that mailbox and purge those deleted
messages.

Thoughts on other ways to accomplish this?

Darren Young
Systems & Security Architect
Computing Services
University of Chicago