From: Beckers, Shawn (IT Services) [mailto:sbeck...@csbsju.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:00 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Outlook Delays since Exchange 2010 SP2 applied

We saw this issue as well a few times after installing Exchange 2010 SP2.  In
our case the perceived ‘batch’ deliveries occurred after the client had been
idle for a while and then performed an action in Outlook (switch folders, send
a message, etc.).  The problem only effected MAPI (Outlook online and Outlook
Anywhere clients) users.  EAS, POP/IMAP, and OWA users continued to function
normally.  Rebooting the CAS server temporarily fixed the problem.  We
installed RU1 for Exchange 2010 SP2 about two weeks ago and haven’t had a
reoccurrence since.  I’m not sure if RU1 really did anything (I didn’t see
anything for our issue in the list of fixes), but it might be worth a shot.