Hi All

Our exim reject log files include headers of rejected messages. This is useful as when we receive a report of a "false positive" rejection from our anti-spam or anti-virus filters, we can find the logs and work out what happened and if necessary modify the filters or whitelist something.

However exim has a limit on the number of header lines that are written into the reject log, if the number of headers exceed this the log is truncated. We find that some senders, like Outlook 365, include many lines of proprietary headers. This adds to the number of lines getting logged and the log can get truncated before lines added by our spam assassin filter are written to the log. This makes debugging the false positive more challenging.

Is there a setting which allows one to increase the number of header lines logged, before the log is truncated? I cannot find any relevant setting in the documentation.

Thanks

Ian