On 2021/03/29 14:23, Evgeniy Berdnikov via Exim-users wrote:
On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 01:45:24PM +0200, iforbes-exim--- via Exim-users wrote:
Our exim reject log files include headers of rejected messages. This
is useful as when we receive a report of a "false positive"
rejection from our anti-spam or anti-virus filters, we can find the
logs and work out what happened and if necessary modify the filters
or whitelist something.
  IMHO, you have better to use short-term archive with relayed messages
  for postmortal analysis. Body content is also significant for spam
  classification, header strings are not sufficient for this task.

Interesting idea. How would we keep a copy of a message that is subsequently rejected with a 550 error? Also we would need to ensure that the messages are automatically deleted again within a short period, to ensure privacy protection. A  "cron" script with "find" could do that.

But that would be a separate project. For the moment I would be happy just to increase the number of header lines that get logged. If that is possible.

Ian