Jacques Le Marois wrote:
> The Linux-Mandrake 5.3 is now available on the FTP mirrors. The
> announcement is not official...
>
> There are XFREE3.3.3.1, KDE1.1prev2, Wine (with an autoconfiguration system
>
> - thanks Chmouel) and several new packages.
>
> We would be pleased if there are people to have a look to the distro, test
> it and report any bugs (and the solution...) that could be found.

I'm just donwloading now, but I noticed that you use the kernel-2.0.36-3
package; I upgraded to this recently, and was annoyed that it doesn't have
vfat support, so I couldn't access my Windows partitions. (I'll be putting
kernel-2.0.36-1 back in before I burn it to CD).

Also, on Slashdot, there was a note of a nasty bug in the KDE 1.1pre-2 kfm
that is fixed in 1.1 release.

It's nice to have this maintainance release (thanks for putting it
together); I thought Mandrake would always track the RedHat release numbers
though??

Steven