Fabio Coatti wrote:

> > not tested with 2.0.36, sorry, but should work. However, the next
> > initsript release will not be compatible anymore with 2.0.x kernels
> > since 2.2.x does not use depmod anymore (and probably will desactivate
> > "kerneld" automatically if present)
>
> As far I know, kerneld is not required (kmod does the same job), but I
> think that depmod is still required. kmod simply runs modprobe to load
> modules when required, and modprobe relies on dependecies from depmod.
>
> If I've missed something let me know, so i can remove depmode -a from
> my startup scripts :-)

In fact, I think the last "modprobe" versions should include "depmod".
Anyways, nothing is sure yet with kernel 2.2.x. There are many things
to change :-/

Greets,

        Gael.

--
< Gael DUVAL - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://linuxmandrake.com >
QPL : "With the release of this license, KDE and the Qt Free Edition