Al Smith wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
>    This for a different version of Mandrake 5.3. I am trying to compile the
> kernel and I am getting an error message that as86 doesn't exist and it can't
> write the actual kernel file. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> -Al

<metoo>

I'm using Mandrake 6.0 and I'm having a bit of difficulty upgrading to 2.2.10. I
used to be able to compile at no problem when I was using slackware and linux
kernel circa 1.04 <grin>. Unfortunetly I'm sortof confused about a few things
now (including upgrading the modules w/o wiping out the new ones) and the one
time I tried to upgrade it got part way through and died =( Mostly I want to be
able to test out a new kernal to make sure it works before wiping out my old
install so I can go back if the new configuration doesn't work for some reason.

Also, any help on getting an AWE64 working would be greatly appreciated as that
is the main reason I'm upgradeing (sndconfig couldn't find it and oss doesn't
support 2.2.9).

</metoo>

Michael Bannister