Dear Axalon:

Thanks so much for responding. I am still very unclear as to what the
problem and what I should do.

I don't mind reinstalling SO, if necessary, but I can't understand why I
should have a problem with SO when it is installed on a single-user's
machine running only Linux and where the SO51a tar file, Office51 and
docs are all on the same /home/sher partition. Why should I have a
problem. I had no problem installing SO. What could possible be
preventing it from saving (in native .sdw format) and backup. I get a
"permissions" error message ("insufficient permissions" for a user). How
could this be?

Thanks again. Hope somebody has an answer.

Benjamin
--
Benjamin and Anna Sher
[EMAIL PROTECTED]