On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> I told you  did I not, that StarOffice 5.1 will not navigate over mount
> points. This would indicate that SO is not using the standard file system
> commands.   [which should be warning enough to stay away]

Baloney. It *does* work over mount points.  I do it all the
time. I've got a two-hard drive system at home with
Mandrake 6.0. I've got SO5.1a (afaik, the only real
difference is that it no longer requires a reg code) on my
machine at home and SO5.1 (no "a" rev) on my RedHat 6.0
machine at work. Both work fine over mount points.

> It also indicates that it was never tested by
>StarDivision or Sun Microsystems on an installation
> which is spread over many partitions.
> [as is recommended by many Linux devotees] >

I don' t know about that, never having discussed it with
them. :-) I just know that it works here.... I don't know
what your problem would be other than perhaps NFS.
        John