On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Mark Polsen wrote:

>     I just upgraded from 6.1 to 7.0 and now users cannot login with KDM.
> However
> they can login if the machine starts up in runlevel 3 and then do a
> startx command. Hasanyone else had this same problem?

Yup, but only with the username vdanen... root, adanen, pip, and so forth
could all log in fine from KDM.  And this problem wasn't apparent right
from the get-go...  it happened after a while and I have *no* idea why it
happened either so I can't even help you out with solving it... =(  But it
has happened to me (or something very similar anyways).

--
Vincent Danen, ICQ: 54924721 . telnet://bbs.freezer-burn.org
BBBS/LiI . Internet Rex for Linux Beta . Freezer Burn BBS