On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Jack Malone wrote:

> I upgraded my bete 7.0 to the full release of mandrake 7.0 air an it still
> saus it oxygen just wondering if this is what I should exspest to see.

You should expect it to explode in a ball of flames, as i've explained
before it's not supported ;) But that little bit of text your asking about
comes from the file /etc/mandrake-release supplied by
mandrake-release-7.0-1mdk, which you can install manualy and should lead
you thru the chain of events (read: rpm upgradeing) that explain why we
don't support beta to X upgrades. Give a yell if you run into any
dependancies you can't finger out

> sorry the mispelling i am in between eye surgeries an do not have a lense
> in my eye an reading an seeing things up close is not that good til the
> second surgery in 3 weeks.
>  From what I see so far lm 7 is nice but have not gotten it to talk on
> network to my window box with sygate shareing my cable modem yet. will in
> future use linux for cable modem sharing when i get that setup
>
> thanks for info
>
> jack
>
> At 06:21 PM 1/22/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Mark Polsen wrote:
> >
> > >     I just upgraded from 6.1 to 7.0 and now users cannot login with KDM.
> > > However
> > > they can login if the machine starts up in runlevel 3 and then do a
> > > startx command. Hasanyone else had this same problem?
> >
> >Yup, but only with the username vdanen... root, adanen, pip, and so forth
> >could all log in fine from KDM.  And this problem wasn't apparent right
> >from the get-go...  it happened after a while and I have *no* idea why it
> >happened either so I can't even help you out with solving it... =(  But it
> >has happened to me (or something very similar anyways).

Only KDM or is it the same with GDM and XDM?

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon