On Thu, 03 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> Hello
>

> I have an USB mouse and I can't have the wheel. When I configure with
> gpm oder  X the imps2  ( with the ZAxis Mapping 4 5) protocol and not
> the ps2 protocol, all is wrong. With the ps2 protocol it work, but only
> without  the mouse.
>
> And an other point : with the redhat 6.0 and the linux-2.2.13 (with the
> usb patch) all was good (the usb mouse and the wheel). However since I
> have the mandrake, I can have my usb mouse with an other kernel ( for
> example 2.2.13  with the usb mouse or 2.3.42) . At the boot he find my
> usb mouse, but then I have nothing. So I want to know what Mandrake does
> in order to forbidden the use of usb with non mandrake kernel.

Haven't we seen this message before? I could swear I've
replied to it once already.... in any event, as you stated
yourself, YOU applied a PATCH to RedHat to get USB support
on your mouse. It wasn't anything **RedHat** did!
USB support in Linux is VERY limited at this point. You
might try using the same patch that you used with RedHat to
get USB support, but you might manage to make things
worse... don't know.
        John