Ok, I have *a* particular file that is consistently corrupted by it;
I have some other files that work ok.  Unfortunately my test file is
copyrighted.

But I'll try to dig up a file that I can legally post as a sample that
is consistently corrupted and maybe we can see if anybody else sees the
same behavior.  I will also try playing with the loopback device in
order to isolate whether it's cdrecord or mkisofs that is causing the
trouble.  But having made a dozen coasters with the MDK-supplied
programs, and perfectly fine results with the scdbackup-supplied
programs, there's definately *something* going on.

The mkisofs that works is 1.12b3 (based on the "-v" flag)
the cdrecord is 1.53 (based on the "strings" info).

PS:  . . .and once again a reply that I meant for one person went to the
list; I'd meant to send my earlier cdrecord-related post to just Mr.
Baudens.  Sorry, once again.

--
I am "Brian, the man from babble-on" (Brian T. Schellenberger).
I can be reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED] .