I've got a refurbished Yamaha CDRW 4x4x16 at home that
makes beautiful CDs most of the time. 'Course I don't use
MKISOFS, as what I'm burning is already in an ISO format
(so far.) I've made numerous CDs of three different
distributions of Linux, and with 4 exceptions all have
verified OK on my system. One exception was due to my error
in setting up the options in XCDRoast, and the rest appear
to be media errors as best I can tell.
I'm using Mandrake 6.0 with an Advansys Ultra SCSI (PCI)
controller.
Are you folks that are having problems using ATAPI CDR/RW
drives? I know they're SUPPOSED to work....
        John