Richard Yevchak wrote:

> It works for me.  I'd like to know how many people who had problems with
> supermount were unable to get it to work and those that were able to get it to
> work.  All we see is the request for help then nothing.  That leads me to
> assume it worked.
>
> Richard
>
> On Mon, 06 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> > Larry Sword wrote:

> > I just gotta few questions..
> >
> > I am a MDK user, since 5.3..  I am still at 6.1, due to the flood of trouble
>reports here
> > on MDK 7.0..
> >
> > Just curious, does supermount NOT work??  Why are so many people wanting to remove
>it?
> >
> > ????
> >
> > Honestly?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Alan

For me supermount works fine for vfat floppies and cdroms.  It doesn't
want to know ext2 floppies and it seems (not completely verified as yet
because I have not checked what happens with supermount disable) that it
defeats all other attempts to read ext2 floppies using conventional
means.  That is I am completely unable to read ext2 floppies.  Which is
not good if I need Tom's root boot, I think.
--
Dennis Robertson  2/2 Sylvia Street  NOOSAVILLE  QLD  4566  AUSTRALIA
Phone: 61 7 54742343  Mobile: 0419 535539  Fax:  Phone first for setup.