alann wrote:

> Larry Sword wrote:
> >
> > Rich Clark wrote:

> I just gotta few questions..
>
> I am a MDK user, since 5.3..  I am still at 6.1, due to the flood of trouble reports
>here
> on MDK 7.0..
>
> Just curious, does supermount NOT work??  Why are so many people wanting to remove
>it?
>
> ????
>
> Honestly?
>
> Thanks
> Alan

Alan,

I have a CDrw which I'm having problems getting burning.  I have that drive
supermounted,
which I suspect is the problem. I have no worries with its handling of my floppy or
CDrom,
but was thinking of removing/disabling it while I was solving the CDrw problem, just to
remove another potential cause/variable - ie, to either establish that it was, or was
not,
the cause of my problem.

I have installed Ver 7.0-2 as a fresh install to replace my ver 6.0 and generally love
it. I
have 3 problems still:

1) CDrw as mentioned above.

2) Unable to compile - some solutions have been suggested on this list, but I haven't
had
time to check them yet - this is a result of my selections at install time, not a Ver
7 bug.

3) My sound card works, but is not fully configured - the sndconfig program just can't
do it
, and the old Ver 6 readme file's solution generates an IRQ clash somewhere.  It's a
CMI8330
chip on the motherboard. Again, when I get time I'll look further into it - there
might be a
FAQ or readme somewhere with a 5 second solution!

On the plus side, Ver 7 is the first (and so far ONLY ) distro that I have found that
will
install my SiS 6326 video chip in graphical mode - and it does it correctly!!!  Well
done
Mandrake!

So, overall, I'm glad I made the change.

Trevor