----- Original Message -----
From: Ramon Gandia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2000 8:50 PM
Subject: Re: [expert] Modem Problem

> Both the Phoebe's and the USRobotics Sporsters are wonderful
> performers and reliable under adverse line conditions.  Often
> a Rockwell will show a higher connect speed, but the throughput
> will be higher on the UsR/Phoebe.

Thanks, Ramon. I have a Speedcom (Cirrus Logic chipset, jumpers) modem and a Zoom 2819
(Rockwell chipset, jumpers). The Zoom is the winner hands down. My backup is an older
AcerOpen with the Rockwell chipset (switches)- a solid 33.6 modem. Linux likes 'em
all. I have never cared for jumperless modems.

Hoyt