/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount rw,fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0 0 0

or

/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto sync,user,nosuid,unhide,rw 0 0

Either one should work.

Depends on your system.

Dale Morris wrote:

> Ramon,
> Thankyou for your concise and thoughtful reply. I have saved it for future
> reference. I have tried the entries you suggested for my fstab file and
> it just isn't working. I am including a copy of my fstab file in hopes
> someone can point out what I'm doing wrong here. I am able to mount vfat
> floppies, just can't get the ext2 working. I've tried all the
> obvious.. Here's the fstab file, the way it came configured in Mandrake
> 7.0:
>
> /dev/hda1 /boot ext2 defaults 1 2
> /dev/hda5 / ext2 defaults 1 1
> /dev/hda6 swap swap defaults 0 0
> /dev/hda7 /home ext2 defaults 1 2
> /mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0 0 0
> none /proc proc defaults 0 0
> none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
> /mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom 0 0
>
> thanks again
>
> --dale
>
> "my mind is scheduled to clear tomorrow, then not again for another 400 years."
begin:vcard
n:Williams;Donna
tel;home:301-310-0441
tel;work:301-310-0441
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:General Dynamics - Electronic Systems;Veni, Vidi, Velcro !     ( I came, I saw, I stuck around ! )
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Software Test Engineer
fn:Donna Williams