On Sun, 05 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> On 5 Mar 00, at 6:59, John Aldrich wrote:
>
> > You might also want to do the same for the CDROM, as others have
> > reported problems with it. Dunno why, but that "supermount" seems to
> > be problematic for many. I haven't tried it yet, as I"m still using
> > Mandrake 6.0. :-)
>

> Unfortunately, it happened to me today. It worked till now and I can't
> figure out why it doesn't work anymore. All I can get is: "Could not list
> directory contents file:/mnt/cdrom"
> I never changed the line in fstab, which is:
> "/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount user,exec,dev,suid,rw,fs=iso9660 0
> 0".
> So it must be somewhere else the problem. Can somebody point me the
> place where I should look up?

Change the /mnt/cdrom back to the style of Mandrake 6.x and
previous:
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto user,noauto,nosuid,exec,nodev,ro 0 0

the above is a cut/paste from my fstab. HOwever, it should be pretty
generic, assuming you HAVE a /dev/cdrom. Otherwise you may need to
change /dev/cdrom to /dev/hdx to refer to the IDE device (assuming
it's IDE <G>)
        John